GROUP B table toppers Spain and Sweden go head to head as the two sides look to lay claim to the automatic World Cup qualifying place.
The two sides were in the same group at Euro 2020 and it was the Swedes who got the upper hand over the summer as they topped their four-team table over the summer.
But this is a different competition altogether as Luis Enrique’s side will look to maintain their lead in the Qatar 2022 qualifier with a result in Stockholm.
When is Sweden vs Spain and what time does it kick off?
- The World Cup qualifier takes place on Thursday, September 2.
- The match kicks off at 7.45pm in the UK – 8.45pm local time.
- The clash takes place at Friends Arena in Solna, on the outskirts of Stockholm.
What TV channel is Sweden vs Spain on and can I live stream it?
- The match is being broadcast on Sky Sports Premier League.
- Coverage starts at 7.40pm.
- You can also live stream the match on Now TV.
What is the team news?
Despite being dropped by Manchester United in favour of Raphael Varane, Victor Lindelof is the new Sweden captain.
Impressive Euro 2020 star Alexander Isak is in Janne Andersson’s squad and would be expected to start alongside Emil Forsberg.
Premier League stars including Cesar Azpilicueta, David De Gea, Rodri, Ferran Torres and Adama Traore are all in Luis Enrique’s Spain squad.
Pablo Sabaria is likely to miss the first game of this round of World Cup qualifiers with a muscle injury.