UWE Bristol is one of the largest providers of Higher Education in the South West with 32,000 students, 250,000 alumni and 4,000 staff from across the globe. We are both globally connected and regionally embedded, with a strong network of employer and partner connections. We support our large and diverse student body with extensive digital collections and services.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our Collections Team in the role of Library Information Administrator. This position is based in the e-resources section of the team and is a key role with specific duties administering the procurement of information resources, dealing with orders and invoices for a large portfolio of subscriptions.
As well as working with our Library Management System and University finance system, an important element of the role involves liaising with colleagues across Library Services as well as others such as the University Finance department and external suppliers.
You will also contribute to the overall work of both the e-resources team in supporting students to seamlessly access our substantial electronic collections, and the wider Collections Team; for example maintaining statistics, working on implementing new working processes or systems, and supervising and supporting staff across the team.
This is a great time to be joining us with opportunity to help shape future service delivery, as we are currently in the process of implementing a new Library Management System (Ex Libris Alma and Primo) for go-live this August.
To be successful in this post you will need:
- Excellent communication skills, to establish good working relationships with colleagues as well as external stakeholders such as resource suppliers and publishers.
- Good IT skills and aptitude and be confident in exploring digital tools and systems, to make accurate and effective use of computerised office systems including Microsoft Office and the Library Management System.
- To be self-motivated, able to organise and prioritise your own work to meet agreed timeframes.
- To enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues as part of a team.
- To maintain a positive attitude and deliver high standards of customer service.
- To take a flexible and adaptable approach to duties in a changing library environment.
We are committed to fully supporting our staff in their continuing professional development.