This new full-time post is available immediately on a permanent basis
Summary of the role
Be part of an award winning team……..
Reporting to the Hospitality Operations Manager, the Commercial Operations team are seeking a Sales Support Coordinator to join the team to support with the coordination and delivery of a wide portfolio of internal and external hospitality, conferencing and events on our Streatham and St Luke’s campuses. We are seeking someone with admin experience, a record of delivering great customer service and the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
The post will require you to be well organised with excellent attention to detail, and a good level of administration skills to ensure our clients and stakeholders have accurate and up to date information throughout the entire customer journey from event enquiry to execution.
You will be expected to have excellent communication skills, both on the telephone and via digital platforms such as MS Teams. Ideally you have solid experience of using operating booking systems, however this is not essential as training will be on hand!
If you are a motivated individual, with a track record in a sales support environment, we welcome your application. A key part of the role is to demonstrate a pro-active approach to liaising with customers and identifying new opportunities within the market place to enhance our customer journey.
The post holder will make a significant contribution to the achievement of the following aims:
- ensuring students receive the highest quality student experience
- developing standards which ensure the service is at the forefront of the industry
- delivering a financial contribution to ensure continuous investment across the University’s estate
- Providing exceptional customer service to all our event clients
Working 36.5 hours per week for any 5 days out of 7 this role will mainly be during the day however some evenings and weekend will be required.
You will have a flexible approach to working patterns, as well as having excellent communication skills.
Please ensure you read the Job Description and Person Specification for full details of this role by clicking on the attachment above.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity at Exeter
With over 27,000 students and 6,400 staff from 180 different countries we offer a diverse and engaging environment in which to work. We are an equal opportunity employer, a Disability Confident employer and an Athena Swan accredited institution. Since 2019, the university has also signed an Armed Forces Covenant, demonstrating the University’s commitment to supporting the Armed Forces community. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.
We offer some fantastic benefits including:
- 39 days leave per year
- options for flexible working
- numerous discounts at leading retailers
- onsite gyms on all of our campus’ and a cycle to work scheme
- sector leading policies around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave (up to 26 weeks full pay), paternity leave (up to six weeks full pay) and a new Fertility Treatment Policy
- stunning campus environments in Exeter and Cornwall, in the beautiful South West of England
For further information, please contactnGiles Maling [email protected]