SOC Code – Visa Requirements: 3119
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Have you got experience within an electronics laboratory environment?
We have an exciting opportunity within our Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering in a Supervisory role responsible for the Technical staff providing a specialist support service.
About the role
This role has the responsibility for the day to day operation of a complete technical service for teaching and research activities in facilities employing several members of technical staff and covering a major complex of laboratories, workshops, and support services. The role will also assist the Technical Manager in establishing best practice in the supervision of the technical staff and the facilities which can include the forward planning and optimum utilisation of materials, equipment, and technical resources. It will be the post holder’s responsibility to discharge these responsibilities in addition to maintaining a level of their own “hands on” technical activities.
Our ideal candidate will:
- have proven experience of holding a senior supervisory position within an electronics workshop or laboratory and research environment
- have relevant qualifications at GCSE level qualification or a recognised engineering apprenticeship or graduate training programme and hold as a minimum an HNC or Advanced City & Guilds qualification in electronics engineering or experience working in a relevant field
- be able to demonstrate your technical skills in the maintenance and use of mechanical and electrical equipment
- be able to work independently
For informal enquires please contact Chris Carey via email [email protected].. All application should be made via the University Website.
What we can offer you:
Our campus is surrounded by beautiful countryside, and the City of Bath with its historic charm and social activity only a short distance away creates an excellent environment in which to work.
- a family friendly workplace
- open to exploring flexible working opportunities which benefit you and the University.
- recognising of the talents of our diverse workforce through an excellent reward package
- encouraging of your personal and professional development
We aim to be an inclusive university, where difference is celebrated, respected and encouraged. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to a better environment for our employees and students, creating a learning environment and organisational culture that enhances health and wellbeing across our community. We are very proud to have recently received Ambassadors for Autism certification and are an accredited Disability Confident Leader; committed to building disability confidence and supporting disabled staff.
If you think you may require a visa to work in the UK you should refer to our applicant information webpage before embarking on a job application to ensure that you understand the requirements for sponsorship. You may be eligible to work in the UK via other alternative visa routes such as the Global Talent Visa or by having Settlement / ILR, please refer to our Staff Immigration webpages for further details.
The University of Bath is an equal opportunities employer and has an excellent international reputation with staff from over 60 different nations. We have made a positive commitment towards gender equality and intersectionality receiving a Bronze Athena SWAN award, and we are actively working towards a Silver award. We are a family-friendly University, with an increasingly agile workforce. We are open to flexible working arrangements and we’re also proud to be a disability confident employer and are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may require.