Area: UKRI Corporate Hub, COO Group – Reforming our Business Portfolio (RoB) – Simpler and Better Funding (SBF) Programme
We are seeking an experienced Programme Director who can lead our integrated programme, which will deliver a new approach to grant funding, reducing unnecessary bureaucracy whilst developing and implementing a new digital funding system to enable an incorporated research and innovation system that delivers for everyone.
This role is fundamentally about organisational transformation, including cultural change, developing high performing teams and establish a digitised service for the future within the Simpler Better Funding (SBF) programme.
Ideally you will:
- Be qualified in at least 1 relevant project management methodology, by certification or experience
- Able to demonstrate a track record of delivering a complex programme
- Be experienced in changing culture and developing people into high performing teams
- Be able to manage/operate in a remote and agile environment
- Have experience managing challenging stakeholders and gaining buy-in
You may already have a background in, but not limited to:
- Project/Programme Management
- Organisational Development
- Research administration Management
- Digital implementation
The aim of the new Simpler and Better Funding Programme (SBF) is to deliver the best funding system possible to achieve UKRI’s vision, working collaboratively across UKRI and external stakeholders.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Bringing together the current multi-million pound – Funding Service Programme and the original Reforming our Business our Business (RoB) ‘busting bureaucracy’ programme augmented by the 13 projects relating to funding to become a single programme. These activities will directly impact on a minimum of £3bn funding/year.
- To be responsible for developing and agreeing an overall, integrated plan for the SBF programme and allied business cases
- To set up and work with a new oversight Board for SBF
- To work with operational leaders across UKRI e.g. Chief Operating Officers, to deliver the SBF programme
- To form and lead a new leadership team for SBF with 4 senior level direct reports plus an overall team of a minimum of 25 people reporting to the four senior level staff – a mix of subject matter experts, project/programme management and strategy and evaluation staff.
UKRI seeks to ensure it creates and maintains a system of openness, fairness and inclusion – a collaborative, trusted environment, which is attractive to and accessible to everyone who is interested in developing their career with us.
What we offer
Choosing to work at UKRI means that you will have access to a whole host of benefits including a flexible working scheme, a Career Average Revalued Earnings pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance, access to employee shopping/travel discounts and salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to provide a CV and a statement of suitability (max 4 pages A4, Arial 11pt) setting out how they meet the requirements for this role.
Closing date is: Sunday 7th February 2021.
Interview date: 5th and 12th March 2021.
Please visit our website for more information at https://www.topcareer.jobs/Vacancy/irc256131_11159.aspx. If you have any queries please contact the team directly at [email protected]