Permanent/ Full Time
Closing date 13 December 2020
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Public Health team at Swindon Borough Council and contribute to a wide range of programmes designed to improve the health and wellbeing of the local population and reduce inequalities.
This is a specialist role that requires epidemiological skills and expertise in gathering, analysing and interpreting health and social care related data. Project management skills and an ability to develop and promote public health intelligence in different arenas would be highly desirable.
Main duties of the job
The Senior Public Health Intelligence Analyst will assist in ensuring that strategic and commissioning decisions are based on the best possible evidence. This will involve supporting and leading aspects of the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) which assesses the current and future health, wellbeing and social care needs of the population. Producing the in-depth needs assessments on a diverse range of topics will require the collation, analysis, interpretation and presentation of information and intelligence. Details of the Annual JSNA Summary for Swindon and the programme of deep dive needs assessments can be found on the JSNA website.
Make a difference, make it better, make it right – putting Swindon and its people at the heart of everything we do.
We are committed to providing our employees with a diverse and exciting environment in which to work, encouraging creativity and innovation whilst recognising the need to support ongoing personal development and a flexible work life balance.
Our current benefits include:
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday
- A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
- Purchase of annual leave
- Leisure and Legal Services discounts
- Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
- To provide specialist health intelligence input to public health, SBC Council and NHS in monitoring the health needs of the population and in strategic planning to meet those needs including the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment.
- To support the work of the Director of Public Health and Public Health Directorate in ensuring that health intelligence, evidence and good practice are incorporated into commissioning and service evaluation processes in Swindon.
- To provide expertise in the fields of public health and epidemiological intelligence and in reviewing the health literature.
- To produce, develop and maintain information systems and analytical expertise for key staff and services/directorates to fulfil their functions in terms of public health information, health surveillance and data acquisition.
- To develop and maintain comprehensive health related information as a core function of the Council.
- To plan, project manage and deliver corporate intelligence and insight based projects.
- To support the evaluation of projects and programmes as required.
- First degree with a substantial numerical component (or demonstrable equivalent experience or degree equivalent qualification).
- A post-graduate qualification (at PG diploma or higher level) in a subject directly relevant to statistics / epidemiology / public health informatics.