The School for Policy Studies is seeking to appoint a 0.6 FTE Lecturer to support the delivery of our MSc Social Work. The MSc Social Work is an 18-month qualifying programme that enjoys an excellent reputation both locally and nationally, recruits well, and draws applicants from across the UK and internationally.
The post holder will:
- Deliver high quality, research-informed specialist teaching inputs in the areas of law and adult social care.
- Contribute to aspects of core skills teaching for social work practice.
You should apply if:
- You are a registered social worker
- You are passionate about the future of social work
- You are excited about contributing to the education and training of enthusiastic and committed students
- You have practice experience in adult social care, particularly mental health
- You would enjoy working in, and contributing to the work of, a vibrant teaching and research environment
The post is located on Pathway Three and will be appointed at Profile Level c (Lecturer, grade K) of the University’s Academic Pathway. The post is available from 1st January 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The School is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates from all backgrounds. We are especially keen to encourage applications from Black and Ethnic minority candidates who are underrepresented among our staff.
The closing date for applications is midnight on 15th November with interviews likely to be held w/c 23rd November.
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.